FRC is searching for a motivated and experienced professional as Coutry Director to provide leadership for the country programme in Ethiopia.
Description of main tasks:
- Strengthen the presence of FRC in the country and its country office;
- Supervise the management of FRC humanitarian and development interventions
- Expand the scope of FRC operations both geographically and sector-wise and the donor portfolio.
- Responsible for managing the organisation in accordance with the regulations of Ethiopian authorities and FRC;
- Manage, in line with approved proposals, budgets and workplans, FRC operations;
- Assess the activities undertaken, ensuring efficient, accountable and transparent use of resources and ensures timely reporting
- Recruit, direct and supervise the national staffs;
- Design, in consultation with FRC HQs, the Country Strategy and updates it regularly based on identified needs and possibilities within the FRC strategic framework;
- Liaise and network with both international and national stakeholders;
- Assess donor environment and opportunities for funding and seeks partnerships with other actors;
- Supports Communications and Marketing unit by providing writings, photos and other information on field activities;
- Represents FRC in front of the National Authorities, Institutional Donors, international and national organisations and the coordination mechanisms present at national level.
- University Degree in relevant subjects (i.e. Education, Social Sciences, Development or equivalent)
- at least 5 years working overseas in the development and humanitarian sector, with proven experience of interventions in education, social sector and/or livelihoods;
- at least 4 years in a senior management position within NGO sector, including responsibility for project management and budget management and control;
- previous experience in Ethiopia (or East Africa) and familiarity with the context of operations.
- Commitment to FRC’s values;
- Strong experience in result-based project development and management;
- Familiarity with financial management and bookkeeping;
- Personnel management skills
- Ability to work in a team, with culturally diverse group of people;
- Problem solving skills in day to day as well as crisis situations;
- Strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent FRC with a broad range of stakeholders including donors, government officials, national and international organisations;
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to draft complex narrative text, such as project reporting and project proposals;
- Proficient written and spoken English language skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package.
- Training on PCM, finance and administration and security
- Proficiency in Finnish and/or Amharic languages
- Familiarity and previous experience in vocational/functional adult literacy programmes.
1 year with possible extension subject to available funding; suggested start date 15th of February 2021.